[G4] iMovie 5 to iDVD 5 Burning Errors?

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Sun Jul 17 07:46:41 PDT 2005

Darryl,
     I also recently ran into some burning errors on a large project
I'd handed off to iDVD from iMovie (both latest versions under Tiger
updates), although I didn't take down the Error # so I cannot confirm
that we're on the same page.  However, I had a hunch...  The media I
was using was DVD-R 4X, and I couldn't find a place in iDVD
preferences to limit my burning speed to 4X.  So I ran the project
again, but this time I just had iDVD save it as a disc image.  That
went off without a hitch, so I pulled the image into Toast 6.1.1,
where I could select my burn speed as DVD 4X.  Voila!  A successful
burn, and a flawless playback on several DVD players, including set-
top boxes.
     Oddly enough, much shorter projects seemed to burn effortlessly
through iDVD.  This was the first one I'd done that was close to a
full DVD.
     Hope this suggestion works for you.

Tony