[G4] 8X burns VS. 16X burns

James Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 17 14:50:01 PDT 2005

I've not had the ZIP on the bus for years (as it was not worth it to me
and just made noise).

I can say that I have seen DVD-Rs burn in 4 or so minutes.  That seems
to be 16x based on the previous feedback, so I guess maybe it
worked...I have not had time to crack open the G4 and see if it has a
proper 80 pin cable or if just having no SLAVE unit is good enough
(which based on the discussions about what an 80 pin cable really is,
seems likely to work just fine).

Jim