[G4] Setting the computer's clock

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 21 15:46:13 PDT 2005

On 21/7/2005 9:35 PM, "DaleH" <dhoff at margnat.com> wrote:

> Are you recommending leaving the box unchecked and only visiting the
> pane and checking it when you want to reset your clock?

Daleh,
you are thinking in 'old OS' terms, just check the box and forget. It
matters little exactly how she does it, but 'X' makes sure the time is right
no matter what. It's a simple, but, fabulous feature. One of a zillion
reasons why many of us are very pleased the change to 'X' occurred.
Sometimes I hear someone lamenting this or that 'feature' or program of OS
9, and I think to myself, you¹ve gotta be kidding. The sophistication of 'X'
makes life easier in myriads of little ways, including set and forget time
keeping.

Enjoy,
Tony