[G4] Non-G4, but still computer relevant

Nathan Gable nagable at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 21:50:32 PDT 2005

>>From: Melinda <mgarrelts at yahoo.com>
>>To: g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
>>Subject: [G4] Non-G4, but still computer relevant
>>Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:30:39 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>>Thought I would ask here since this is my major source
>>of computer info.
>>
>>I bought a B&W G3 to experiment with, it worked fine.
>>I went on vacation, came back, no powering up.  Surge
>>protectors are fine, no ther damaged items, switched
>>power cords, just in case.  All I can get is a quick
>>LED flash from the mobo, and a quick jump as the fans
>>know there is power, for a second.
>>
>>Is this definitely a power supply issue, or is it much
>>worse?
>>
>>Melinda
>>
>>If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
>>Hi. Try pulling the battery out for 1mint.If that does not work
>>.Then you have a power supply Prob.

I believe Apple suggests leaving the battery out for 10 minutes.  Be
sure to unplug the computer first.  Check the voltage of the battery
while it's out.  It should be at least 3.1 V.  When you replace the
battery be sure to reset the PMU chip.  It's the little round button
close to the battery on the logic board.  Just use the eraser part of
a pencil and press on the button, but just once. Then wait another
minute before plugging the computer in.

Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't.  If yours doesn't,
you'll have to replace the logic board.

Nate
--
Birthdays are good for you; the more you have, the longer you live.