[G4] Canoscan 1220U scanner

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 07:23:21 PDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:39:02 -0700, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:
> Does anyone on this list have this scanner? Does it work with Mac OS 10.3.9?

Dennis,

I am using this scanner but with 10.3.8 so I'm can't be sure if this
will be of any help.  The driver I am using is  "CanonPl CS-U 3.8X"
which is a plug in to use with graphic editors.  I had a very difficult
time getting it to work and I'm not sure exactly what the problems
(plural) were but I now have it working with both Photoshop CS 2 and
Photoshop Elements 2.  You may have to move it around in various plug
in or import/export folders to get it to work and you may have to use
file info to set the application  "to open with".

I have been unsuccessful in getting the plug in to work with Graphic
Converter. but I haven't tried that hard since it is working with the
other apps.  The plug in was downloaded from the Canon site.  If you
need it I can look up the URL.

When installing this plug in the installer will look for suitable
locations and give you a list.  You should be able to add locations
that it doesn't find.  I think this is the add install location button.
You then select the install location you desire to use.  It has been
about a year and I don't remember all the details.

I have been unable to post to this site (G4) since upgrading to dsl.
They say I am relaying, which of course is not true.  I have tried to
access the web host several times at several addresses about this but
have never received a reply.  I would appreciate it if you would
forward this to the list if it doesn't show up there so maybe someone
on the board can reply and perhaps fix this problem.

Good luck,

S. Kennedy