[G4] software question for mac

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Jun 3 01:13:04 PDT 2005

On 2 Jun, 2005, at 6:42, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

So, Ron, you say that the developers should standardize on Windows OS
and ignore  the pesky, miniscule Mac market that seems to do nothing
but complain? ;)

No. what I do suggest is that is appears to me that fewer and fewer
developers are creating hybrid programs because they see more of a
profit in the WhineDoze area and that is what their bottom line is all
about. It seems that I do not find hybrid programs as frequently as in
the past and that support for Mac owners is dropping despite the ease,
stability, and performance of the Mac when compared fairly with
equivalent PC boxes.

I feel that Apple has dropped the ball big time when it comes to their
advertising program. There are dozens of PC ads on the tube and in
magazines and newspapers, but mighty few Apple ads. Even when Apple
does buy some advertising space, their ads hardly ever speak about the
abilities of the machines, but they do frequently show the iPod and
music with dancing figures.

It isn't about how you listen to music, but about how easy it is to
keep your computer running smoothly and free from viruses (virii?) and
spyware and how much more productive a Mac can be. This feature (word
borrowed without sincerity from MS advertising) is hardly ever
mentioned by Apple in ads.

End of rant.