[G4] milk spill on keyboard

Steve Adams adamss99 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 3 22:26:44 PDT 2005

This is an outright lie. Working in electronics for 30+ years I have
seen the results of Coke spills many a times.

It WILL destroy the board with it's acid contents. The destruction
will start within minutes and the results are non-repairable. Within
30 minutes, circuit board electrical traces will start dissolving,
ruining your board forever.

How could sugar residue do any good??? How can it make things even
better??? Sugar is not a conductor of electricity and it certainly is
not a lubricant!

The acid in the coke may help clean residue off of key contacts but
you had better clean thoroughly with alcohol for 30 minutes to be
sure to remove ALL the coke. I would only do this only as last
resort, must rescue attempt. I would then use the keyboard
immediately after drying and expect to throw it away 2 days later.

Steve Adams