[G4] milk spill on keyboard

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sat Jun 4 09:51:57 PDT 2005

At 22:58 -0400 6/3/05, Robert Hazelrigg wrote:
>One other liquid you can use to clean your keyboard is Coke-Cola. Warning  your result may vary.

As a high school student I attended a Methodist church and was dating the preacher's daughter. With a small group of students the Rev. cracked an egg into a beaker of alcohol and it immediately congealed. It "proved" that alcohol was bad for you.

I was allowed time to demonstrate the same effect when I replaced the alcohol with Coca Cola. My point was missed by all believers but I did continue to see the young lady.

Sodium bicarbonate and carbonic acid (baking soda) are well known as cleaning agents. They are regularly touted in newspaper columns - Heloise.  The test is in the residue. Sugar is terrible, donno about caffeine. Diet Coke? Uric acid is also a good cleaner but I really don't think aiming at a keyboard is a good idea. Save it for putting out the campfire.

Don't forger WD-40. The WD probably stands for "water displacement". I have used it on sticky switches with much success. It's not a lubricant but it does move existing grease around with a rejuvenation effect. It seems to be OK for use on electronic plastics.

--
--> On the eighth day, about 6 kiloyears ago, the Lord realized that free will would make man ask what existed before the Creation. So He installed a few gigayears of history complete with a big bang and a fossilized record of evolution. <--