[G4] Has hell frozen over?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 6 21:59:59 PDT 2005

On 7/6/2005 2:14 PM, "Don Fuller" <donfuller at mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2005, at 9:40 PM, Kunga wrote:
>
>> Well this is the comment of one who has not taken the time to WATCH the
>> keynote IN IT's ENTIRETY. There is going to be ZERO pain in this transition.
>> You completely misunderstand how the transition is going to unfold nor how
>> the universal binary as well as PPC only software will seamlessly work across
>> both platforms for many years to come.
>>
>> WATCH and LISTEN first. Then you will not ask what you did.
>> <http://stream.apple.akadns.net/>
>>

> "I think you don't understand what the transition to Intel means for Apple and
> it's users. Click this link to watch the webcast and then maybe you'll get
> it."

My wife always tells me to talk like this. She is a therapist. The language
suits her. I¹m with Kunga, get to the point, don¹t mince words. Show some
emotion rather than a non-offensive/non-inspiring/non-anything inter-office
memo style. I understood ya, Kunga, mate! :)

As to Apple/Intel I say go for it, Steve. Apple has suffered from the
insular ŒI gotta be different just to be different even when it hurts¹
attitude. I want Apple to be around for a long time. Since Steve has been
back on the job he¹s firstly stabilised the company with new product and is
now taking the fight directly to Windows and divesting the shackles of a Œwe
make computers company¹. He has turned into what it started as ­ an
innovative technology company that does things differently.

 To establish an architecture that opens the possibility of down the track
selling an OS that might operate on PC¹s and be sold to PC users will
finally give Bill Gates some real competition. Like wise if it becomes
possible to install Windows products on my machines will mean I won¹t have
to suffer the situation of being denied use of some great programs like
Swish (and there are many of them).

Big companies tend not to do things Œfor us¹ but lets hope that a truly
universal usage of the hardware might happen at some stage. I¹m likely to
always have macs ( I like to have a machine that I can fall in love with)
but there are lots of reasons to switch to Intel and most of them are good.

Tony