[G4] The last real PowerMac?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jun 8 13:54:40 PDT 2005

Aaron, I wouldn't get too attached to the PPC inside syndrome. When
Apple unleashes a Dual Pentium D, ie Quad PowerMac at San Francisco
MacWorld Expo 2007 shipping with Leopard, nobody is going to give a
rat's ass about your "Real 2005 PowerMac".

I can't wait to buy a 65 nanometer "Yonah" dual core Pentium M
PowerBook myself even sooner than that. It's all about the OS more
than the processor Aaron. And in this case it's also about a better
processor for mobile computing as well. I know with that processor I
will finally have a "Real PowerBook".

From: <http://www.powerbookcentral.com/columns/hildreth_moore/
macintel.shtml>

The PowerBook Mystique
Why MacIntel Is Good News For PowerBook And iBook Fans

by Charles W. Moore

"Yonah's dual cores will share a 2MB cache, while a single-core
version of the chip will be available for low-priced laptops. The
technology used in Yonah will focus on reduced power consumption and
heat dissipation, with the objective to reduce power consumption to
the point by 2008 for Yonah-based laptops to be able to run for eight
hours on a battery charge."