[G4] Monitor question

Ernest Vincent Pons-Worley eponsworley at mac.com
Fri Jun 10 12:29:15 PDT 2005

Hi Folks.  I'm an idiot when it comes to monitors and video cards, so
if you can help me that would be great.  I have a dual 450 MHz AGP G4
that has VGA and DVI (24) female connectors on the back.  It's hooked
up to a Sony CRT monitor.  I recently got a hold of an older Apple
Cinema display (the kind that shipped with the Quicksilver towers).  It
combines the USB, power and video all into one cable with a DVI (30)
male connector.  Question:  is there some kind of adaptor that could
bridge the DVI (30) male to the DVI (24) female or to the VGA female
plugs?  It would be nice to free up some room on my desk by replacing
the bulky CRT monitor with the flat Cinema display. Thanks.

Ernest