[G4] Re: Do I need a new DVD Player?

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 12 19:09:46 PDT 2005

Steve and others,

More on the shaggy dog story.  I checked at Wall Mart today and they had
NOTHING that would play a DVD-RW disc.  I went to Best Buy and found a
semi-expensive (for a DVD player) Sony for $80 that said it would play
DVD-RW disc.  It came home with me and to make a long story short it is
going to be returned to Best Buy first thing in the morning.  It played the
DVD-RW was was very complicated to run and stopped mid way and the video was
not tracking the audio.  I am going to buy one of the $40 models and not
worry about the bells and whistles.

A DVD disc that plays on a computer may not play well on your TV set top box
DVD player.

Dick