[G4] WiFi for G4?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Jun 18 09:18:45 PDT 2005

I stand corrected. The Airport slot in the early MDD is original
802.11b Airport not the 802.11g Airport Extreme which are only in the
final FW800 MDDs. Airport cards are still for sale from a number on
online outfits. 802.11b is still faster than any internet connection
you will get from any public Wi-Fi system so you do not need 802.11g
to realize full speed internet access. 802.11g comes into play on a
local network when sharing among local Macs.

Only the FW800 MDD Macs have 802.11g Airport Extreme slots:

As you did not specify which model MDD you have, I thought you should
know that if you do not have a FireWire 800 port on your MDD then you
cannot put the AE card in there and must find the original one.

Point is Apple has been putting Airport Wi-Fi slots in all Macs since
2000.