[G4] .Mail App

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 05:30:23 PDT 2005

Ahhh, see I use the mail app like this:  the accounts thingy on the
left (can't move it anyway) and a pre-view pane on the right, at the
top of the preview pane are the email messages.  I can scroll through
the messages and the content is displayed below.  To me (at least)
this is the perfect way to view mail.....it's more or less the same
as Entourage.  The mail app handles .Mac accounts better, Entourage
syncs slowly and you have to wait for it.  The mail app doesn't do
this and when I quit, it quits immediately.  In Entourage, even after
quitting it stays 'alive' cleaning up or whatever it's doing....I
didn't like this.

Tim
On Jun 19, 2005, at 1:57 PM, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

> I also vastly prefer Eudora over AppleMail, mainly because
> navigating around is much easier. In AppleMail it is double-click,
> read message, close message, double-click to read next message, ad
> nauseum. In Eudora, you just double click to read the first message
> and then use a key command (I use Cmd-and the down or up arrow
> keys) to move to the next message. The previous message is closed
> and the next one opens. In AppleMail, this only works with the
> preview pane, while I like to have the complete message open.
>
> Regarding HTML, Eudora gives you the option to use HTML, but HTML
> should NOT be used in email. ALWAYS USE PLAIN TEXT FOR EMAIL!!!

Exterminate all rational though.