[G4] SATA drive

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Mon Jun 20 06:45:24 PDT 2005

Well, your G4 is definitely not SATA capable, out of the box.  You'd
have to add in a PCI card which would open up this avenue to you.
There are some here: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-drives/ATA-
SCSI-Firewire-Controllers/

I took a look for adapters to convert it for you, but they all seem
to want to convert the old IDE/ATA drives to SATA, rather than the
other way around.  I suppose that makes sense, as converting the
other way would eliminate any benefits the SATA specs would offer.

Your friend is right about it being Plug & Play, though... there are
no jumpers to configure. :)

Tony