[G4] I want some tunes!

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 10:53:05 PDT 2005

On 16 Jun, 2005, at 14:33, Lake Critzer wrote:

I recently purchased a dual 533 with digital audio.
The choices for speakers for this audio oddity are
limited at best.  The Harmon kardon's sound pretty
good but produce little volume and have a cord about
as long as my memory.  Does anyone know if there is an
analog audio card that will work in a G4?  Or, is
there a decent alternative to the Harmon Kardons for
digital speaker?  Perhaps, there is another solution
I'm just not seeing.  Please help. I really like to
listen to tunes on my computer. Lake

I have been using a set of Altec Lansing column speakers with the
sub-woofer for over two years with no complaints about sound
reproduction. They have the volume and balance controls on the right
side speaker box and I set my listening volume by those controls after
I set my G4 G-Bit volume preferences.
The cords are long enough to reach to both sides of my Apple 17" CRT
monitor and down to the floor where the sub-woofer sits. If you are
having cord length problems, an extension cord available at your local
Radio Shack might be your answer.