[G4] Virus and Spy Ware detectors

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 21 16:30:55 PDT 2005

On 22/6/2005 4:21 AM, "rich northouse" <rnorthouse at wi.rr.com> wrote:

>> _Hi Folks,
>
> Calling on the group's wisdom again -- What is the best Virus and Spy
> Ware detector for a Mac?  Any good free stuff?

Let me take this one, guys:

Rich this is a paste from a similar question I asked just a couple of weeks
ago. I looked at several things but in the end this appears to be the only
solution, the freeware alternatives work only against Windows viruses, and
while they do work in that way on Macs, they are in reality doing nothing
of use at all since Windows viruses can't infect OS X anyway. Intego is
recommended by everyone without complaint. But, Randy is genuinely a major
expert in all this, so I will leave it to his words.

Tony.

Instead of my writing a long response, let me give you the URL to
something published elsewhere:

<http://securityawareness.blogspot.com/2005/05/comments-from-mac-
expert.html>

The short answer is that if you feel that you need anti-viral software,
Intego's Virus Barrier is the way to go:
http://www.intego.com/virusbarrier/home.asp

Randy B. Singer