[G4] Just installed DVR-109

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 23 08:04:35 PDT 2005

Hello all! I just finished installing my DVR-109 and it seems to be
recognised by the system (OSX4.1). Heres the system profile:

PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-109:

  Firmware Revision:    1.40
  Interconnect:    ATAPI
  Burn Support:    Yes (Unsupported)
  Profile Path:    None
  Cache:    2000 KB
  Reads DVD:    Yes
  CD-Write:    -R, -RW
  DVD-Write:    -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
  Burn Underrun Protection CD:    Yes
  Burn Underrun Protection DVD:    Yes
  Write Strategies:    CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
  Media:    No

Now I know it reads my current CD's and this weekend I will attempt to
get a few DVD+R's just for a quick burn test. I have a list brands
suggested by a web site that rates them for compatability.

Ive been following some of the recent postings about updating the
firmware but Im having a bit of trouble understanding how one could run
a .exe file on Macs OSX4.1. Apparently its possible, just dont know if
its something I could do without a lot of hand-holding. Anyone familiar
enough to assist me?

By the way, My OSX4.1 seems to be having a problem when I try to shut
down. It gives me a message to hold in the start button on my G4 (which
I do to get it to shut down) and when I reboot, its telling me I didn't
shut down properly. Ive tried letting the timer do it and I get the same
message to hold the start button down. Anyone else see this problem?

Equipment: AGP G4 400Mhz, 1gig ram, OSX4.1 and OS9.2.2 on another drive.

Thanks for your input!

Tom