[G4] NEW DVR-109 Not Working...

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 23 09:11:58 PDT 2005

Hello all. I just installed this DVR-109 and I'm assuming its busted. It
will read and play an Audio CD, Read and display a CD I recently burned
on my External CD burner, but it wont play a DVD. Its also really noisy.
I dont believe its my OSX DVD player software (I will confirm when I
reinstall my original DVD-ROM player/reader.

I contacted Newegg and they kindly referred me to Pioneer. Pioneer
quickly shuffled me to an extension for "repairs" and the man was very
short with me. It would take 3 weeks to turn it around (repair the DVR)
and I asked for a replacement which he insisted he could not do and told
me to call back when I was ready to send it too them and then he hung up
on me! Boo...Hiss...bad manufacturer service rep. I will copy this note
and send it to them on-line. Since I wasn't given a case number, they
wont be able to track him down.

Fortunately Newegg was sympathic and gave me an RMA for a replacement. I
only hope the replacement is a good one or I will have to go for the
30day refund option (30 days from my initial purchase date). Got to run
to the post office before it closes. Bye for now.

Tom