[G4] How do I connect a Powermac G4 400 DVD to a beige Powermac G3?

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu Jun 23 12:47:04 PDT 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 10:08 AM, Alex Hurst wrote:

> I'm looking at a Netgear  FS605 five port switch (for which I'll
> presumably need at least three Cat 5 cables as I have three Macs to
> link). Anyone got any experience of Netgear kit, or for that matter
> any other brand which is simple and reliable to set up and use?

Asanté is a very nice and dependable brand that is Macintosh user
friendly.  Their manual and web site describe setting up with Macintosh
in detail.  Some other brands don't even mention Macs; but folks who
know their way around the geeky networking stuff don't need manuals and
instructions anyway.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.