[G4] OSX10.4.1 DVD Player problem!

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Thu Jun 23 20:07:10 PDT 2005

At 10:49 PM -0400 6/23/05, Thomas J. Fobia wrote:
>Is anyone else aware of a problem with the DVD player app in their OSX10.4.1?

Worked fine for me on a DVD -R copy of "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" that I use as a test DVD.  Volume was too low, even with all the on-screen controls turned to maximum level, so I would have had to turn the gain up at the speaker amplifier.

VLC also worked well, though, once again at too low a volume.  It is freeware (though there may be a GNU license to use).

MPlayer OS X also worked well, though I could not select the entire disk to play, but only chapters at a time.  In fact, though, MPlayer did produce full volume.  It is also free.

Check Versiontracker.com to find and download latest versions.

--Steve