[G4] How to Extract Trash from Apple Pro Keyboard

Anthony Kluck weho90069 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 02:31:50 PDT 2005

Puhleeeze...

I had to laugh. Replacing a keyboard in working order for this
particular reason is beyond frivolous (even for as little as $29).

Before going that route, why not just slap some lengths of duct tape
across the base of the keyboard and mask-off all the crud? Sure, it's
not an ideal solution. But for all its glass-slipper prettiness, the
see-thru base of the keyboard was a pretty dumb design if the keyboard
has to be such a b*tch to take apart and clean.

Personally, I turned mine over and whacked it on the surface of my desk
a bunch of times, and then tried vacuuming the keys to get (most) of
the junk out of mine. <shrug> Still works just fine...

Of course, you will always find people who are ***proud*** of the crud
their keyboards collect and may even be willing to show you. I wouldn't
be at all surprised if somewhere (maybe the offices of MacAddict?)
there are contests to see whose keyboard crud is the filthiest.
Probably what the kids from South Park would do if they had Macs...