[G4] How to Extract Trash from Apple Pro Keyboard

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Mon Jun 27 09:14:30 PDT 2005

On Jun 27, 2005, at 10:16, Crandon David wrote:

> What's the difference between them? I have the keyboard that came with
> my 4 yr old G4 DP500 Gigabit Ethernet. It connects via a USB cable.

Yours was the Apple Pro Keyboard. The current is called the Apple
Keyboard. (Obviously, whoever's in charge of naming Apple's keyboards
is not overburdened with imagination.) Chief differences:

(a) System requirements -- AK no longer supports Mac OS 9.
(b) Different dimensions -- AK is smaller.
(c) AK has a single fixed slope; APK had two slope positions (0deg and
6deg).
(d) AK no longer has an upper masking plate.
(e) Different physical location of the USB ports.
(f) AK has an additional function key.
(g) The Clear key no longer sports a NumLock label and LED.
(h) AK's Escape key is larger and no longer separated from the function
keys.

etc.