[G4] Join Two HFS Volumes?

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Mon Jun 27 21:45:00 PDT 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 00:18, Carlos wrote:

> How can I mount a drive so that it's file system is a branch off the
> startup drive?

I'm not sure what you want can be done; but check the man pages for
mount_hfs and mount, which allow specifying a node for mounting. It's
probably not what you're looking for, though.

> I've read about the "union" option of the mount command, but that
> appears to be under BSD formatted volumes only

No, you can do union mounts on HFS volumes too, but -- if I understand
it correctly -- only the top layer of a union mount is read/write, the
others are read-only (see tech note 1150). Again, not what your looking
for...

<0x0192>