[G4] Join Two HFS Volumes?

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Wed Jun 29 14:09:26 PDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 10:10, Carlos wrote:

>  My server is only running OS X Client. Does this include NetInfo
> services, or do I need a real version of OS X Server?

All Mac OS X machines run NetInfo -- that's a basic part of the system.
(In fact, if you want to render your Mac unusable, all you have to do
is damage the NetInfo database.) Any Mac OS X machine can serve a
NetInfo directory to the network. But Server comes with a number of
tools which make the sysadmin's life easier, and with manuals. You can
find here

<http://www.apple.com/server/pdfs/UnderstandingUsingNetInfo.pdf>

a basic introduction (with pretty pictures, too), but you'll definitely
need a solid reference to really get started. I used [Ray, John, & al.
Mac Os X Unleashed, Second Edition. Indianapolis: Sams Publishing,
2003.], which covers this issue, but not in the kind of detail I
should've liked.

<0x0192>