[G4] How to use a Seagate SATA drive on a G4 AGP

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 30 09:15:22 PDT 2005

>> depending on brand and where you purchase.

.....Caveat-- I have a local shop (SF - Bay area) that sells Computer
parts they carry off brands of everything the have the Mac compatible
SATA cards for $19.99. They are actually PC cards that happen to have
the Mac Drivers also. It is amazing how many products I find that
have the Mac drivers on the CD's but don't state it on the box, a lot
of these companies package the software they get from whatever chip
company they are using and don't even know it is there. Some of them
are even "Plug and Play" LOL because OS X already has the drivers in it.

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM