[G4] G4 Newbie?

Dan A Currie dancurr at frontiernet.net
Thu Jun 30 11:59:15 PDT 2005

Hello All,

I just took delivery of a "Quicksilver" G4, 1Ghz, 512 Mb RAM running
Tiger.  I was hoping for a pleasant experience but ran into 2 problems
right out of the box!!

1. The cable connecting the OEM keyboard to the back of the G4 is really
short and my older keyboard does not seem to have a plug. Suggestions

2. My current monitor also will not plug in the back of the G4, is there
an adapter for this so that I can continue to use my perfectly good
monitor? Suggestions

Hello again,

The consensus seems that I can get an extension for the keyboard cord
... no problem.  However the monitor problem is a bit more tricky.  I
can get a series of adapters OR just get a cheap monitor that plugs
right into the back of the G4.  BTW, I was wrong, it is not exactly a
Quicksilver but rather an MDD 1Ghz.  But I digress, is there anything
special that I should tell the salesman or look for on eBay to insure
that I get a monitor that will directly connect to the G4.

Does anyone else have an MDD that has gone through or is going through
this?

Thank you,

Dan