[G4] Can I update my OS with this?

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sun Mar 6 08:17:35 PST 2005

You mean going to 10.2.8, not 9.2.8, right?  Looks good to me.
Consider the install options carefully.  You did not say what OS you
have on your G4 now.  If it is some version of OS 8 or 9, David Pogue's
book Mac OS X The Missing Manual (for Jaguar) will be very helpful for
both the installation and use of OS X.  If you already run OS X,
consider doing a clean install, or what in 10.3 Panther is called
Archive and Install.  I do not know whether the OS 10.2 uses that
terminology.

Be aware that you will need to download the free update(s) from 10.2 to
10.2.8 from Apple's web site.  That's a big one at 97MB.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdatecombo_10_2_8.html

The alternative is to download a number of smaller, incremental updates.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.