[G4] Sawtooth, upgrades vs. new, a bigger picture

Brian L. Matthews blmatthews at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:37:27 PST 2005

>Here's the big picture. This machine was given (free!) to a friend
>of mine who is a Graphics Artist Illustrator. It was given away
>because the original owner could'nt get OS X on it. ( and hence My
>Current Problem.)
>His parents generously gave hiim $1200. for a new computer, to
>assist him in his livelihood. This a lot of money to him and he
>doesn't want to pay for upgrades unless HE IS SURE the machine will
>go to X.

Why won't OS X install? I have a Sawtooth and have had OS X running
on it on and off since 10.1, and full time since 10.2. Unless there's
something wrong with the machine or it has a ridiculously small
amount of memory or disk space, OS X should run on it just fine.
That's the first thing you need to figure out, and then worry about
upgrades. If OS X doesn't run now and it's not because of memory or
disk space, an upgrade probably won't help.

Brian