[G4] How to Uninstall Norton

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 15 08:16:46 PST 2005

Back in the OS9 days Norton 6.1 was installed. I would like to get rid of it
and could use some help.  First, I rebooted from the Norton CD with the c
key held down and the machine would not boot from the Norton disk that had a
9.1 startup system.  I then rebooted into 9.2 from the hard drive and opened
the Norton installer on the CD.  I selected the uninstall option and it
locked up the G4. I had to use the reset button to restart.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of Norton.