[G4] extension conflict?

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sun Mar 20 13:39:00 PST 2005

On Mar 20, 2005, at 4:25 PM, Ray Clayton wrote:

> I've just bought a new/used G4 733/9.2.2. But it inconsistently,
> alternately
> freezes and misbehaves. I'm thinking extension conflict. And
> ConflictCatcher
> doesn't exist anymore? Any ideas? A place to search?

Sure, ConflictCatcher exists. It's probably available on ebay and/or
the Low End Mac SWAP list.
Without CC, just remove all non-Apple extensions and control panels
from those respective folders--create folders in the system folder for
"out of ext" and "out of cp" and move them there. Then restart.
OR simply get and install Panther--it's available very cheaply now with
Tiger soon due out, and kiss extension conflicts goodbye for good. If
you have OS 9 apps you must use, you can run them in Classic under OS
X. HTH.

Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com