[G4] G4 DA and USB Speakers

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Mon Mar 28 17:26:58 PST 2005

Apple Pro Speakers are not USB. They use a special T-class amplifier
built into the motherboard and use a special 2.5 mm analog speaker
jack. I use USB audio out through a Yamaha external sound board and I
have not noticed a significant slowdown.

"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are
still rolling."
  ~ Mark Twain