[G4] Broken built-in ethernet port on Mirrored Doors dual G4

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Mar 31 00:00:33 PST 2005

On 30 Mar, 2005, at 20:36, Jim Robertson wrote:

I imagine I can send the computer off to Apple, and they'll likely
replace
the entire motherboard, or perhaps I can purchase a PCI card.

If you have the time to wait, you could always go to eBay, look up any
PCI ethernet cards with Mac compatibility, bid on them, win one, send
your payment, wait for the card to be delivered to you, install it, and
try it out.

Or, you could avoid all that delay by contacting your nearest Mac
dealer and buy a PCI 10/100/1000 ethernet card directly from them that
would be guaranteed to be compatible. This way is quicker and you could
be sure of getting a fast card that will work for you. It is also a
whole lot cheaper than replacing the MoBo and you can do the
installation yourself.