[G4] Appleworks

VS vs1 at dax.nu
Sun May 1 11:09:10 PDT 2005

At 12.41 -0400 05-05-01, Anne Keller-Smith wrote:
>I read in Macworld that Appleworks is going bye bye.
>
>Sort of a problem for me because I need it for budget and for when
>Windows users send me Word docs. That's sort of all.

Have you noticed that the Texteditor under OSX (at least in 10.3)
opens Word documents? So if you only need to open them to read them,
then you don't need Word. But of course it lacks some of the nifty
editing stuff of Word (and all the unnessecary stuff too...:-) so for
editing and formatting you need something better. There are other
editors out there, comparable to Word, I haven't tested them, but
look at versiontracker for alternatives. I am sure you'll find
something, even spreadsheet alternatives.

/ Vicki