[G4] Video cards ??

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Mon May 2 16:58:53 PDT 2005

No PCI cards will produce the enhanced graphics in Tiger. No AGP
cards below the Radeon 9600 or Nvidia 5200 will either. That doesn't
mean that Tiger will choke, in fact many aspects of the experience
have speeded up for me. I have a Geforce 4 Ti (4600) card and
resizing windows, one of the least satisfying aspects of OS X as far
as I am concerned, has improved perceptibly. The only thing is that
you won't get the swoopy new ripple effects in Dashboard and other
eye candy that you would with a better card.
Mel

"Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty."
  ~ Harry Vardon