[G4] HDTV vs. LCD monitor

Robert Hazelrigg robzilla at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 18:30:29 PDT 2005

I know this will get under everyone's skin but...

I use a dell 19" CRT running side-by-side with my Apple 17" cinema
display on my G5. I hate to tell you which one looks better, holds
color better, and has a better resolution.

Moreover, I bought a new - second generation Apple 21" flat panel for
my G4. The monitor is only 4 years old but the quality is HORRIBLE. The
outer edges are brown and faded.

I'm sticking with my CRT's they last longer and are SO much cheaper
now. Last of all, if you want to do any serious retouching flat panels
don't hold the color very well.  I need to calibrate my Apple flat
panel daily. The CRT's can go for weeks.

If you really want a see a great monitor look at the LaCie
ElectronBlue: http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10573