[G4] Upgrade options ?

James Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Fri May 13 07:40:22 PDT 2005

If you are curious about processor upgrade cards, check out the
compatibility database on http://www.xlr8yourmac.com

As for the modem, you can check under the "AppleMenu->About This
Mac->More Info (button in About panel)" - this will launch Profiler
(assuming you are running a recent OS X).

In profiler, select Hardware->Modems from the side nav.  If you have
one, it will detail its type.

As for 802.11 cards.  I dropped my Airport 11b card in my G4/500 for a
Sonnet 802.11g Aria Extreme.  It works flawlessly (actually better than
the airport card - no interference to the USB ports when transferring
data).  It is also pretty good and fast.  From my LAN, I can transfer
300Mb in about 3 minutes (v. about 12-13 for airport card).

Jim