[G4] G4 Startup

Richard Dion deacon18 at comcast.net
Sat May 14 09:09:18 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I hope someone out there can help me with this weird problem. I just
purchased a used G4 Mirrored Door Power Mac 1.25 GHz, The problem I'm
having is I can't power it up using the on/off button I have to power
it up from the breaker switch. It also won't shut down from the on/off
button without holding it for awhile and hitting the "apple" key. A
little history, when I was setting this machine up I noticed I couldn't
boot-up without connecting my monitor cable. I'm not sure if this is
related. My thought was could my monitor be conflicting with this G4
and causing this start-up and shutdown problem. I've "Zapped" the prom,
and repaired the permissions, I don't know what else to do.

If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance...Rich