[G4] G4 Startup

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sat May 14 19:21:11 PDT 2005

At 18:33 -0500 5/14/05, George wrote:
>I didn't know you could zap the pram in X.  How do you do that?

Richard said in the first post that he did that.

I assume. . . and you know what that implies:

He held down COMMAND, OPTION, P, and R with his left and right hands while he pressed the start button with his nose.

That procedure is machine dependent and has only to do with the startup ROM. It doesn't care what system is about to be loaded up. The level of zapping does depend on how many chimes you wait for before releasing the keys.

--
--> On the eighth day, about 6 kiloyears ago, the Lord realized that free will would make man ask what existed before the Creation. So He installed a few gigayears of history complete with a big bang and a fossilized record of evolution. <--