[G4] Installed Tiger

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Mon May 16 07:45:33 PDT 2005

On May 15, 2005, at 11:42, Marvin Wilson wrote:

> I installed the OSX Tiger software on my G4 Dual processor.[...]
> When it restarted there were errors all over the place.
>
> Here are the errors on start up:
>
> Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x002DE020): unable to find driver for this
> platform:
> “PowerMac3, 3”.

It says it can't find the correct drivers for a DP G4. It may be
because your disk had a problem prior to installation. You should
always check the disk prior to installing, unless you intend to
reformat the disk first -- any directory problem is going to be made
worse during the installation.

Alternatively, it may mean that you installed, rather than the public
release of Tiger, an early beta version which lacked support for your
specific machine.

<0x0192>