[G4] DVDs not showing up in G4

Kevin Avery pipergeek at gmail.com
Wed May 18 05:57:15 PDT 2005

> On 17 May, 2005, at 15:32, Derek Gross wrote:
>
> Also, concerning the disk burning, what does everyone elses computer
> say because mine says "not supported" however, I always burn through
> toast.  My drive is a pioneer cd/dvd rw and it works great. Does anyone
> know what this means?

It means your drive is not an Apple ROM'ed drive. You may want to look
at a piece of software called patchburn. I used it on my G4 with my
Lite-On DVD burner. Before patchburn I couldn't burn from iTunes, I
had to burn from Toast after I ran patchburn I was able to burn from
insided iTunes. I haven't tried iDVD yet though. YMMV

http://www.patchburn.de/

take care,
Kevin Avery