[G4] Transfer Vinyl Audio to CD

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Thu May 19 04:01:28 PDT 2005

Thanks for all those suggestions.
Toast 6 with CD Spin doctor looks like it might do me well. Guess I'll
have to pony up the cash, but I'm still sorting thru the reviews.

I did find a couple of people who said that CD Spin doctor didn't work
very well as a filter, but it wasn't clear to me the basis for their
comments. My aging ears won't hear most of the things they talk about.

For any who may be interested, I did find a huge archive of discussions
on this subject at MacInTouch. There are three long sections and they
can be accessed thru this address. Links will take you to Parts one and
two. It began in 2003 and the latest contribution is recent 2005. Geek
warning: For my simple needs it is like drinking from a fire hose, but
there seems to be a lot of very informed opinion there. Many of the
contributors seem to be professionals in this area.

http://macintouch.com/audioconvert03.html

John Erdman
Sawtooth G4 AGP 400MHz, 704MB Ram, OS 10.3.9
iMac G5 2.0 GHz, 1GB Ram, OS 10.4.1