[G4] Dual Layer DVD Unit

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun May 29 00:38:30 PDT 2005

And it is extremely easy to do. Most important thing to remember to
do is REMOVE the faceplate of the drawer before you install it. You
do this by plugging in the power cable to the drive, after you've
removed the old drive, turning on your Mac and pressing the eject
button so the drawer slides out. Then gently but firmly slide the
faceplate off the front of the drawer. That is the most important and
difficult part of the installation. It will pop off. Do not install
the drive with the face plate on it. You have got to get that puppy
off or the drawer will JAM and perhaps even BREAK the drawer
mechanism if you don't get that faceplate off. Once the drawer is
open you can shut down the Mac again.