[G4] Dual Layer DVD Unit=> Pioneer DVR-109 US$47

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sun May 29 13:59:51 PDT 2005

>My G5 dual 2.5 says the optical drive is a HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082B
>
>Is the Pioneer an upgrade to that?

Sorry, I don't know, but this is the newest version (the DVR-109).  If your G5 dual is a year old or more, it probably has a less capable optical drive in it, because I think that the 109's are only 6-9 months old.

>Will it work just like my original

yes

>plus have the dual capabilities with Toast?

I am not sure about Toast, at least for now.  But, I'd bet that, if not now dual-layer capable, Roxio will upgrade the capabilities as soon as dual layer media are readily available for purchase.

--Steve