[G4] blank emails

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 3 20:29:47 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:09:24 -0500, Snow White wrote:
> Do I need to start complaining to Apple?  There should be a way to
> set it to sort NULL from something.

I agree but rather than complain to Apple, I gave up on Mail early on
and switched to Gyazmail which is much more satisfactory for my
purposes.  Gyazmail allows for subject "exists" or "doesn't exist" in
the rules which should solve this problem.

However, in my case it isn't necessary as any mail from someone not in
my address book goes into the spam folder and I have a keyboard
shortcut to delete messages in a single step after I take a quick look
to make sure that there is nothing I want to keep.  I let Earthlink
filter out about 75% of my spam so that I never see it and after a year
or so I don't know of any missed emails.

Of course I recognize that my system won't work for everyone, such as
those that receive many messages from new correspondents but I have
used it for years with no problems.

S. Kennedy