[G4] Acrobat 7 - won't recognize scanner

David Eckard david.eckard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:19:05 PST 2005

Hi All - I'm really hoping one of you has experienced this issue.  I
recently installed Acrobat 7 and Photoshop CS2 on my G4 machine running
Tiger.  I have a Canon LiDE30 scanner.  I had no problem getting Photoshop
to recognize the scanner - Acrobat refuses to.  At this point I can scan
through Photoshop and then print to PDF, but frankly, that's a pain in the
butt.  All I want to do is scan directly into Acrobat 7.

I've tried copying the plug-in for the scanner directly into the plug-in
folder in Acrobat (which is hidden to start with...) but it still won't
recognize it.  I find it hard to believe that my scanner is incompatible
with Acrobat considering it works fine with Photoshop.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David Eckard
Philadelphia, PA