[G4] Partitioning Software

Aaron aarons510 at infinex.com
Sat Nov 12 00:49:47 PST 2005

> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:36:37 +0100
>From: "J.M.P.Hissel" <jomph at xs4all.nl>
[SNIP]
>Don't forget to use a cloner-appl. (like CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper) in
>case you want to copy/back-up "OS X and/or related stuff".
>OS 9 and below you can handle by Drag n Drop.

Can't one just make an image of the original volume using Disk Utility and then use the image to (re-)create/restore the volume? I'm new to OS X and haven't looked into this very far, so I don't know if it can be used to create a larger clone of the same volume or if the restored volume has to be exactly the same size.

Also, some combination of pdisk with a program that has a block-level copy function should do the trick.

 - Aaron