[G4] Note on ATA buses in MDD Dual G4 and perhaps other Macs.

Aaron aarons510 at infinex.com
Sun Nov 13 02:01:33 PST 2005

Apparently I was wrong about the reason for the strange Eject behavior of my two optical drives. The following is from the manual available at <http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/desktops/PowerMacG4DualSU.PDF>.

So I was wrong when, at 00:46 -0800 2005/11/13, I wrote:
>My guess is that the jumpers on the two drives were set using the Master/Slave method, which apparently is correct for the ATA 33 bus but not for the ATA 66 bus, which, like the ATA 100 bus, uses Cable Select!

So I have no explanation for why the drives behaved weirdly when connected to the ATA/66 bus but not the ATA/33 bus.

 - Aaron