[G4] Note on ATA buses in MDD Dual G4 and perhaps other Macs.

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Sun Nov 13 09:29:45 PST 2005

Go this from MacWorld:

"Adding an Eject Icon

The prescribed way to eject a CD or DVD is to press the eject (or
F12) key on your keyboard. That's not much help if you have a non-
Apple keyboard, if you have more than one drive capable of ejecting,
or if, in a fit of troubleshooting, you find yourself without a
keyboard altogether. Fortunately, there's a secret way to do the same
thing: install the Eject menulet.

To find the installer, go to the root of your hard drive and open
System: Library: CoreServices: Menu Extras. Inside that window,
double-click on the icon called Eject.menu.

Now look at your menu bar, and you'll find the new Eject icon. Use it
as a menu and choose the drive you'd like to eject."

Try that. :)

Tony