[G4] Hard drive help

Bob Schmidt bob58523 at charter.net
Wed Nov 16 16:02:02 PST 2005

Hi All,

I have a 1ghz G4 AGP with 768mb of ram running 10.4.3, I was using tech
tools 4 and ran a check on directory structure on my second hard drive. It
came back and said that it needed a few repairs, so I allowed those repairs.
Now my hard drive is gone.

If I use the apple disk repair utility it sees the hard drive but comes back
with the error:

    Invalid B-tree node size
    Volume check failed.

    Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

I have tried to verify and repair with the disk utility, to no avail. Does
anyone have any ideas as to how I could access this drive? I have a ton of
stuff that I need to get off the drive.

Thanks in advance,
Bob